MARKPROOF SEALCOAT 2C
MARKPROOF SEALCOAT 2C is a two component cementitious & acrylic flexible waterproofing & protective coating composed of best quality portaland cement, properly selected & graded aggregates, additives & acrylic emulsion polymer as a binder. It is applied to waterproof and protect concrete and similar structures. Specially formulated for swimming pools, retaining walls pile Heads, water tanks, submerged tunnels, sumps, bridge decks, marbles, granites and a wide variety of extreme service class structures because on curing it forms an excellent elastomeric, waterproof & protective layer over the substrate.
FEATURES / ADVANTAGES
- Provides a flexible & low permeable coating.
- Excellent resistance to ingress of water.
- Provides slip resistant coating.
- Waterproof for concrete structures.
- Excellent adhesion to concrete, natural and artificial stone.
- Excellent resistance to chloride ion diffusion and carbon dioxide.
- Resistance to freeze-thaw cycles and de-icing salts.
- Prevents carbonation of cement concrete.
- Basement retaining walls, pile heads, structural surfaces of cellars, concrete roof slabs, floors, balcony floor slabs, water tanks and swimming pools
- Bridge decks, canals and dam walls, structural surfaces of dykes, waterproof coating (bottom coat) for marble, granite and other natural stones, suitable for steam room waterproofing, sewage treatment plants, for special applications such as areas where more thick plaster application is needed
The surface must be strong & free from dirt, dust & loose particles. Thoroughly wire brush the surface & clean the dust by air compressor or wash the surface with water. Oil & grease must be removed using degreasing solvents. Any damaged surface must be repaired by using polymer modified repair mortar.
Shake well the liquid component to a homogenous milky color, before mixing transfer entire quantity of liquid component into a suitable clean mixing vessel, gradually start addition of powder component under constant mixing with a stirrer using a pneumatic or electric power tool (1kw) at slow speed at 250 – 300 rpm for 3- 5 minutes to a homogeneous & uniform free flowing slurry
|Blinding Coverage||Apply slurry coat of mixed material for two coats at a coverage rate of 1.5 kg/m2 over the set concrete slab by a masonry brush or appropriate power spray equipment|
|Concrete slabs or roof slabs||Two coat of mixed slurry to be applied to the set concrete @ 1.5 - 2kg/m2 by a masonry brush, roller or appropriate power spray equipment|
|Pile Heads||Two coats of mixed slurry to be applied on to
the pile head @ 0.75kg/m2 first coat and 1.25
to 1.5 kg/m2.
Second coat either by a masonry brush or by appropriate power spray equipment
|Water tanks and Swimming pools||Two coat of MARKPROOF SEALCOAT 2C
applied @ 1.5 kg/m2 each coat by a masonry
brush or appropriate power spray equipment.
All applications where two coats are specified, the second coat shall be applied when the first coat is completely dried.
The treated area should be protected from direct sunlight and to be damp cured by covering with damp hessian or similar system
|Marbles/Stones||It is recommended to apply one coat at the bottom side of the marble @ 1.5 mm thick at a coverage of approximately 1.8 to 2 kg/m2|
|Appearance Of Mix||Free Flowing Slurry|
|Specific Gravity||1.65 - 1.75|
|Coverage||Approximately 1.5 -2 kg/m2 @ 1mm thickness for 2 coats. (Note - Coverage rate will vary with substrate condition and profile)|
|Abrasion Resistance, Cm/Km||0.09|
|Hydrostatic (Positive) Water Pressure Resistance, Bar||7|
|Hydraulic (Negative) Water Pressure Resistance,Bar||3|
|Ponding Test, Hrs.||48|
PRECAUTIONS AND LIMITATIONS
- Mix the entire quantity of both the components at one go.
- Do not use powder with the liquid other than the powder accompanied with liquid, it will affect the Performance.
- Do not add water for dilution.
- Do not flood or over expose the treated surface to water until it is completely cured.
- ASTM C 1202: 1997
- BS 6920: PART 1:2000
3, 15 Kg’s. Drum packing also available on special orders.
SHELF LIFE AND STORAGE
Shelf life of 12 months in unopened containers when kept in dry conditions at a temperature between 5’C to 45’C. Storage at higher temperature or high humidity may reduce shelf life.
HEALTH & SAFETY
MARKPROOF COOLCOAT should not come into contact with skin, eyes or be swallowed. Glasses, goggles and protective overalls should be worn during application. Refer Material Safety Data Sheet for further information.
DISCLAIMER Download PDF
The above information and details herein are based on the tests conducted & experience on application and usage. The user is advised to carry out the test and take trials to satisfy on the suitability of the products and meeting his requirement considering the prevailing conditions prior to apply/ using it on larger area. As the conditions under which the products are used or transported are beyond our control. We would not hold ourselves responsible on its consequential nonperformance.