MARKCHEM SUPER SHIELD
MARKCHEM SUPER SHIELD membranes are made by saturating and coating a robust reinforcement of spun bonded in the range of 140-200 g/m2 non-woven polyester with a homogenous thermoplastic blend of APP (Attactic Polypropylene), distilled bitumen and stabilizers. The mixture is carefully produced under controlled conditions to ensure its stability at high temperatures and its flexibility at lower temperatures. MARKCHEM SUPER SHIELD membranes are impermeable to water, easy to apply and maintain, with the option of a decorative finish for exposed use..
FEATURES / ADVANTAGES
- Excellent cold weather resistance.
- Good elongation and recovery.
- Rot proof.
- High breaking strength and tear resistance.
- Very good puncture resistance. Highly resistant to substrate movement.
- In the construction of single layer waterproofing system of flat roofs and pitched roofs and in infrastructure applications.
- As a loose laid membrane over slip-sheet with side and end laps torched or hot air welded.
- In regions where deformations are expected due to thermal stresses, where heavy uplifting is anticipated and is used in underground reservoirs, tunnels and engineering constructions.
- Ideal for new and re-roofing projects, waterproofing on steel decks and wood support decks.
- They are used on low slope concrete roofs, balconies, multi storied car parks, for lining sewerage canals, sub grade structures and any concrete or cemented flat surface that needs waterproofing.
Surfaces onto which the membrane is to be applied must be sound, clean and dry. Dust, loose material and protrusions must be removed and cracks, holes etc. shall be made good.
Apply one coat of MEMBRANE PRIMER solvent-based bituminous primer to all surfaces at 5- 6 m2/lit and allow to dry. Primed surfaces must be covered within the same day. If left exposed for longer periods, clean and re-prime before applying the membrane.
Position the rolls carefully with the correct orientation before the torching operation begin. Heat the lower surface of the rolls with a propane gas torch and unroll as the bitumen begins to melt. Maintain minimum 100 mm side laps and 150 mm end laps between rolls, staggering the joints where possible. All seams must be heat sealed from the top to ensure watertight laps.
Once laid, it is recommended to protect the membrane from long-term exposure, construction abuse and backfill, preferably within 24 hours. On vertical areas Expansion Board are recommended; on horizontal surfaces a minimum 25 mm thick sand cement screed may be used.
|Normal Approx. Weight||Kg/m2||1.6||2.56||4.5|
|Dimensions Length X Width||(m)||10 X 1|
|Top||Polymeric foil (F) or Sand (Q) or Slate (S)|
|Bottom||Printed Polyethylene foil|
- ASTM Standard
MARKCHEM SUPER SHIELD membranes are supplied in rolls of 1m X 10m; shrink wrapped on pallets. Rolls must be kept upright on pallets under shade. Pallets should not be stacked one over the other.
There is no direct health hazards associated with MARKCHEM SUPER SHIELD. Normal precautions for hot and volatile substances should be observed during application. Refer to our MSDS sheets for advice.
DISCLAIMER Download PDF
The above information and details herein are based on the tests conducted & experience on application and usage. The user is advised to carry out the test and take trials to satisfy on the suitability of the products and meeting his requirement considering the prevailing conditions prior to apply/ using it on larger area. As the conditions under which the products are used or transported are beyond our control. We would not hold ourselves responsible on its consequential nonperformance.